Raspberry and Blackberry Galette

Raspberry and Blackberry Galette
Recipe by Dragon

I absolutely love simple desserts made with fresh berries. The rustic look of this berry galette is sure to please. It takes just minutes to put together. I like to serve this galette warm with a simple vanilla ice cream.

Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1 1/2 cups blackberries
zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Rollout puff pastry to a 11" x 11" square. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.

3. In a bowl, combine the berries, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. Stir gently.

4. Place the berry mixture in a mound at the centre of the puff pastry, leaving a 2 1/2" edge around. Try to leave any excess juice in the bowl.

5. Gather the edges of the puff pastry towards the centre around the berries.

6. Combine the egg and milk. Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash. Sprinkle sugar the top of the pastry.

7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden.

8. Heat the jam in the microwave for 1 minute until it is runny. Brush the top of the berries gently with the jam to give them some shine.

9. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

14 comments:

Hyperion said...

An obvious winner. This makes my knees buckle.

Anonymous said...

I love a rustic dessert anyday, this is beautiful.

Adam said...

Wow I'm surprised at how easy that is to put together. The berries look perfect on the inside, and must go great with that crunchy crust. You did it again, my dear Dragon :)

Anonymous said...

Looks so nice.. The crackly crust will be so awesome with the berries inside.

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

No matter how often I see these galettes, I want a piece. Just looks so darn yummy! Good thing you don't get calories just from looking and coveting.

Natasha said...

So wonderful and so simple! This is a brilliant dessert idea!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Something about a well done rustic dessert has the greatest appeal to me. This looks delicious!

Unknown said...

i'll hv to give gallette a try :)

i love anything rustic!

Dragon said...

hyperion: Thanks!

noble: Reminds you of home, doesn't it.

adam: Sometimes the best things in life are the most simple.

jude: Thanks!

js: Amen,babe.

natasha: Thanks!

mike: I agree. Simple is best

rita: Let me know how it works out for you.

Deeba PAB said...

O yum yum yum paula...love yours. Funnily enough, I made a Peach & Plum Galette around the same time too...the dough was from scratch though as we aren't lucky enough to get puff pastry here. But was really simple & the flavours were outstanding. I could dive into yours...its very pretty & moreish!!

Vera said...

I'm a big fan of rustic homey desserts! The galette looks wonderful!

Nic said...

I am seeing these everywhere! Definitely got the drool factor here Dragon!

Anonymous said...

Man I wish I had seen this recipe before I made a simple puff pastry raspberry galette, this looks even yummier.

Jeanne said...

Oh... I'm in love! I really, realyl have to make a berry galette before the season is over! Gorgeous.

 
Dragon's Kitchen - Copyright 2007-2010