Chocolate Coconut Truffles

Chocolate Coconut Truffles

Sweets For My Sweets And A Small Break
Recipe by Dragon

I must leave you, my sweets, but just for a little while. I will be taking a short break from my blog to work on a project that will take most of my free time for the next 5 weeks. I have been trying to do both for a couple of weeks now but I find I'm having trouble keeping up. As a result I haven't posted as often as I would like.

I will try and keep up with everyone's blogs but I won't be posting here regularly. Rest assured I will be back and I'll bring lots of delicious creations for you.

To leave you with something sweet, I created these luscious Chocolate Coconut Truffles. I think the key to these is the addition of the espresso powder. It really brings the chocolate to life. This recipe can easily be doubled or halved. But why would anyone want just half? Enjoy.

Makes: About 40 truffles.

Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons coconut rum (I use Malibu Rum)
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut

Directions:
1. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream, espresso and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the rum and stir to combine.

2. Combine the chocolates in a bowl. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and let rest, without stirring, for one minute.

3. Whisk the chocolate mixture until it has a smooth consistency.

4. Chill the chocolate until it is firm, at least 3 hours.

5. To make the truffles, scoop out a small spoonful of chocolate and roll it, in your palms, into a ball.

6. Drop the truffle into the coconut and coat it completely. Repeat with the remaining chocolate to make about 40 truffles.

7. Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.

35 comments:

K.C. said...

These look and sound sooo good. I know I will be anxiously awaiting your return to see what goodies you cook up next.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your endeavor!

Anonymous said...

Come back soon, sweetie ;)

Núria said...

Well, no worries! Thanks for the truffles, they look terrific!

Good luck :D

Darius T. Williams said...

I love, love, love a great truffle! Looking good.

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Jeanne said...

"Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week" - but then who would be able to leave these babies alone for a week?!?

They look great and so simple. Good luck with your project & look forward to your return already!

Adam said...

Well, if you must leave for a little while, at least you left with sweets :) Excellent truffles, love the coconut. I'll see ya soon.

Patricia Scarpin said...

We'll be here when you get back - good luck on your project!
And these truffles... YUM! I love chocolate and coconut together.

The Blonde Duck said...

Good luck on your project!

Maria said...

Good luck and these truffles look fantastic! I love the coconut touch!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

The truffles look fantastic and will keep us entertained during your absense! Come back soon!

♥ mesa para 4 said...

Well good luck then, hope to see, better, read from you soon...the truflles are great..Abraço e bom trabalho...

Nic said...

Good luck with your project, come back soon!

whall said...

Wait, so truffles aren't actually found in nature? What do pigs go after, then?

Doo Dah said...

i'mma gonna miss ya *wipe tear*

But I am gonna start doing food and recipes on my blog, you have inspired me. Perhaps I should doo Food Friday? *big smile*

Dont be a stranger!

Deeba PAB said...

Come back soon...thanks for leaving us with these fantastic truffles. All the best for your project ( 5 weeks is a long time though; you will be missed). BTW, posted your Almond-Apple Cake last night! Thanks for a great recipe.

Laura Paterson said...

Good luck with your project!

See you soon, I'll let you know how I get on with the apple and almond cake!

vanillasugarblog said...

The coconut looks so pretty. I just love truffles.

Gloria Baker said...

These look fantastic I love them!!! and I love your blog!! Really lovely recipes!!!xGloria

Bunny said...

Why 1/2 the recipe is right! These wouldn't last long in my house enough if i made a double batch!! LOL!! I hope your project goes well for you, we'll be here when you return, looking forward to those goodies. Try not to stress yourself out working. See you soon!!

Sunshinemom said...

Nice truffles! BTW, the dragon minus the green scales has a great smile:)

Anonymous said...

Such a drag with no dragon!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

These do look delicious! Sorry you won't be posting for a while--I hope whatever else you're working on goes well and to see you back here sooner than later!

Vera said...

Chocolate and coconut is one of my favorite combo! I love your tea cup/saucer set, very stylish.
And good luck with your project!

Vijitha said...

Hiya
This is my first time here...you have such a lovely space... choco n coconut - lovely combho...i love the Bounty!! i guess it will have a similar taste...

I am pretty new to this blogsphere.... jus popped in to say a big hi to u!

jef said...

Chocolate + Coconut...Are you sure these last for one week in the refrigerator? I'm guessing they'd last maybe 2 days in mine...

Shreya said...

chocococo truffles are amazing. lovely pic! best wishes for the project, and hope you post soon..

Anonymous said...

Hey! I've got that same cup and saucer set. It was a gift from my mom.

Look: http://www.toptentable.com/Bonus%20Recipes%20%26%20Tips/AC9AB8BB-4994-4919-A990-DC896EEAE08E.html

Unknown said...

have a great break and all the best with your project ^_^

i'm popping your truffles endlessly while reading ^_^

Lisa said...

Oh wow...SO decadent and beautiful. Mounds only wishes it could look as good as those!

Susan said...

It's tough sometimes to keep up with real life and blogging. Hope your project is going well.

What delicious little baubles! Mind if I reach through a take one?

Anonymous said...

Hey! Isn't it time to eat you again?

Let's have some more Dragon's Kitchen!!!!!

Rico said...

I absolutely love chocolate and absolutely love truffles, the combination of the two is heaven topped up with coconut....I am lost for words...all I can say is keep cooking this great recipes

http://ricocoffeeshop.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Those look amazing too! I think I am addicted to your blog ;)

Where did you get the cup and saucer? I must have.

Anonymous said...

Wow, these look delicious!
But I was wondering, can I skip the coconut rum in this recipe?

 
Dragon's Kitchen - Copyright 2007-2010