Apple Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

Apple Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe by Dragon

These oatmeal cookies are so chewy and sweet, you won't be able to resist them. Nor should you, since they are full of the wholesome goodness of oats, apples, cranberries and honey. These cookies are so good for you they should have their own food group. Like I always say; an
Apple Cranberry Oatmeal cookie a day, helps keep the cold weather blahs at bay. Would I ever lead you astray? :) Enjoy!

Makes 36 cookies

Ingredients:
3 cup quick oats, uncooked
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup apple, peeled, cored and chopped finely

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.

2. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.

3. In a large mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar, egg, milk, honey and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well combined.

4. Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture and mix at low speed just until blended. Stir in cranberries and apples.

5. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough about 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.

6. Bake one sheet at a time at for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on baking sheet before transfering them to a cooling rack.

21 comments:

Cristine said...

Bookmarking this recipe! Looks so delicious!

Maria said...

These cookies are full of goodness! They look wonderful!

Patsyk said...

I really love cookies that I can tell myself are healthy because of the fruit inside! :)

Mike of Mike's Table said...

I was just thinking about how I am sorely lacking in the cookie recipe department. These look very much like my kind of cookie. I'll have to try these!

Lo said...

Woman! These cookies look incredible. And I love cranberries with my oats... so, even better.

Darius T. Williams said...

These look sooo ooey gooey! They looks great!

-DTW
www.everydaycookin.blogspot.com

Bunny said...

I love soft and chewy! These are just perfect.

Adam said...

Nice job on the cookies. Chewy greatness is just popping up everywhere :) And I know you'd never lead us astray, you're the creative Dragon-ay.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Oh, I just love the texture of these cookies--so bumpy and chewy. They must be deliciously sweet and tart.

test it comm said...

Those cookies look so good!

Pearl said...

mmm those cookies look amazing! hopefully we can be blogger friends :)

vanillasugarblog said...

I saw these on Tastespotting! And now I have to have them! lol
Awesome cookies buddy!

Jeanne said...

Oh wow - I can just imagine the chewy texture those would have - wonderful! And I'm a sucker for anything with cranberries... :)

Anonymous said...

I just baked these. Added shredded coconut, pecans and tart cherries too...they turned out DELICIOUS! thanks!

Anonymous said...

These look utterly fantastic

Unknown said...

oh woww....loving this idea...i wonder if i can do a milkless yolkless version of this for sous chef....

Dragon said...

Chistine: Thanks!

Maria: Thanks!

Patsyk: Denial is a great thing, eh?

Mike: Let me know how yours turn out.

Lo: Glad you approve. :)

Darius: Thanks!

Bunny: Just about perfect. :)

Adam: You're the only one to notice my rhyme. :) Thanks.

Susan: I love anything that is tart and sweet at the same time. YUM!

Kevin: Thanks!

Pearl: Absolutely we can be blogger friends. :)

Dawn: Thanks, my friend.

Jeanne: Me too.

Anonymous: I'm glad they worked out for you. Your additions sound yummy!

Cut: Thanks!

Rita: Let me know how your changes work for you.

Unknown said...

I tried the recipe and the cookies were wonderful!

I got tired of passing by my favourite coffee shop and they never had any... I may never go back, lol!

Dragon said...

Thank you Hugo, you made my day. :)

FluorescentUmbra said...

I just made this recipe last night because we had a ton of apples that needed to be used up.

I added some walnuts for a little nutty flavor and used almond milk since that is all we have in the house right now. They turned out awesome!

Next time I'll probably shape them a little bigger and bake longer to make them a little crunchier.

Chanelle said...

Now I've randomly googled this recipe a while back, looking for healthy cookie ideas, and I have lost count at how many times I've made this recipe! They have come out fantastic EVERY time!

I've even made them unhealthy by making ice cream sandwiches with them (strawberry ice cream worked best so far :) )

This is truly my go to recipe for oatmeal cookies, and everyone who has tried them loves them too. Thanks so much for this gem!

 
Dragon's Kitchen - Copyright 2007-2010