Spiced Pear & Walnut Muffins

Spiced Pear & Walnut Muffins
Recipe by Dragon

I love the heady spiced scent of these muffins when they are fresh from the oven. These muffins are wonderful with a cup of hot apple cider or a cup of tea. Enjoy!

Makes: 12 muffins

Ingredients:
2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 bananas, mashed
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup walnuts

Topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease or line muffin tins.

2. Combine the pears and sugars. Toss until the pears are well coated.

3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Set aside.

4. Beat together bananas, eggs, oil and vanilla until blended. Add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture; mix well.

5. Fold in pears and walnuts just until combined. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter equally.

6. For the topping, combine brown sugar, chopped walnuts, flour, butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over the muffins.

7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.

22 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

I so enjoy reading about your recipes with pears. It is hard to find good ones! But between these and the pork chop recipe, I now have 2 to work with. Thank you!

Darius T. Williams said...

Really - who can go wrong w/pear and walnut? NOT I!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I love how you used the walnuts in the batter as well as the topping. Your spice combination also sounds good. I've been asked to bring a morning snack to a writing workshop I'm attending and these will certainly fit the bill.
Sam

♥ mesa para 4 said...

delicious and beautiful...abraço

Vijitha said...

Delicious looking muffins. Yum yum yummy!

Nic said...

I can almost smell the heady aroma! They look fabulous, I particularly like the topping.

Thistlemoon said...

I love muffins with crumble! They win me over every time! Delicious!

Rajani said...

oh wowowow! i love your shots! the muffins look delicious. the topping especially! yum!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I alwalys love muffins with a cruch on top!

Lo said...

I've got to agree with Jenn, that crumb topping is doing me in!

I'm loving all of these delicious pear recipes!

Finla said...

Wowo they look so yumm.
I have neve rmade muffin with pears.
And this is really tempting me to try them.

veggievixen said...

amazing!

Sara said...

These look beautiful, I think a streusel topping makes almost any baked good even more delicious!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love making muffins and these sound great. Could I change the pears for apples?

Anonymous said...

These sound just perfect! I am going to have to try them soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can only imagine how your kitchen was smelling when these were baking.

Dewi said...

Visually delicious. I'd love to have one of this muffin for breakfast, please?
Cheers,
Elra

vanillasugarblog said...

Lots of flavors and texture going on here! Oh yeah!

Creative Classroom Core said...

These sound amazing! I love the idea of pears in a muffin!

Jeanne said...

I'm on a bit of a pear kick at the moment and ai *love* the sound of these - especially the spices!

CC11 said...

These are so moist and lovely.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

These look so inviting! First time visiting and after seeing these muffins I knew I had to become a follower :)

Kindly, ldh

 
Dragon's Kitchen - Copyright 2007-2010